How boring most are shopped titles. Not even that funny retards

greyarea13 said on June 25th, 2008 at 3:50 pm

Hilarious! Great stuff and I hope to see more!

FYI Links:

Fighting Fantasy official site:

Online FF Adventures:

FF general discussion:

Discussion about Titan, the FF world:

FF Wiki:

And, lastly, the original Farting Sluggoth can be found here:

gracias

Andy

Aw, the poor sad manticore.

My Sharona said on June 26th, 2008 at 4:17 pm

Damn, I definitely had the manticore one when I was a kid. That cover just brings the memories flooding back.

I remember those books well… I read loads of them, and I still have a few.

I just got a whole bunch of weird looks from my co-workers. These were a mainstay of many winter nights as a kid and I just about wet myself laughing seeing them again like this. Great stuff 😀

[…] Mightygodking.com » Blog Archive » Bad habits. “Attack of the Impractical Horde” seems the winner in my book (tags: books rpgs Steve-Jackson amusing photoshop vintage) […]

Iain Fortune said on June 28th, 2008 at 2:59 pm

I DO have all of them. The only book from the series I now don’t have is the Riddling Reaver, so as a fighting fantasy fan of long standing, here are the names of all of them al. yes, I’m shamelessly

1) #6 Deathtrap Dungeon
2) #9 Cavern of the Snow Witch
3) #7 Island of the Lizard King
4) #15 The Rings of Kether
6) #18 Rebel planet
7) #46 Tower of Destruction
8) #24 Creature of Havoc
9) #11 Talisman of Death
10) #2 of Steve Jackson’s Sorcery! Khare – Cityport of Traps
11) #21 Trial of Champions a sequel to Deathtrap Dungeon
12) #4 Starship Traveller.
13) #1 of Steve Jackson’s Sorcery! series The Shamutanti Hills.
14) #3 The Forest of Doom
15) #34 Daggers of darkness
16) #2 Citadel of chaos
17) #22 Robot Commando
18) #8 Scorpion swamp
19) #28 Phantoms of Fear

Funny, funny, funny! I was literally laughing out loud.

Iain Fortune said on June 28th, 2008 at 10:10 pm

Unpublished: attack of the badly edited gamebook….

Those are really great! Thanks for sharing! I should get some of the originals for my 9 year old. I forgot how much fun they were.

you saved the best title for last – Benjamin Koshkin

Truly one of the best photoshop fantasy sites ever. – Michael Adkinson

Brilliant, even the zombie hordes laughed their heads off. they may spare you for amusement.

Danny Sichel said on July 6th, 2008 at 12:11 pm

“The Loneliest Manticore” sounds like a Tom Holt novel.

gry planszowe said on July 23rd, 2008 at 12:55 pm

Ciekawa strona, trafilem tu przypadkowo, ale od dzis bede wpadal czesciej, pozdro

these are fantastic! great post

Dude, you made my night. I’m sending these off to my old D&D buddies. I’m still laughing just thinking about El-Roidicus !

The Penis of Vengeful good and the monster that was a vagina. I’m going to have to use those.

FartingSluggoth said on August 19th, 2008 at 1:20 am

I, for one, am greatly offended at the misrepresentation of my people, the farting sluggoths.

miecze-repliki said on September 8th, 2008 at 2:02 pm

Ciekawa strona, bede ja odwiedzal czesciej, pozdro

frilledshark said on September 20th, 2008 at 6:31 pm

I never played these (I stuck to the Goosebumps choose-your-own-adventure series, and cheated the hell out of them), but the many-eyed, bloated beastie on the first Farting Sluggoth cover looks oddly familiar. I think it was on the bookshelf in my French class. Were these books ever published in French?

Bricks were shat

[…] a small update to prove that I still exist and have not been eaten by a Farting Sluggoth or other mythical creature. I have been rather busy at work and at home, but I have been spending […]

[…] Capas de livros de ficção.• Quer publicar sua própria revista? A MagCloud ajuda.• Todas as capas […]

[…] So first you did those Fighting Fantasy gamebooks. ME: Yes. FLAPJACKS: And then you did all that nerd-lit from years gone by. ME: Yes. FLAPJACKS: You […]

loved these 🙂 the Impractical Horde, particularly

Ian Livingstone said on June 10th, 2010 at 5:15 am

If only these guys had been around when we wrote the books! Thay could have helped with coming up with the titles and saved us a lot of time. Twitter @ian_livingstone

LyziShadow said on May 27th, 2011 at 4:10 pm

@frilledshark: “I think it was on the bookshelf in my French class. Were these books ever published in French?” you bet my childhood they were ! -some frenchie

Okay , enough ,stop this! my jaw’s still hurt of laughing!

ps238principal said on March 20th, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Just thought I’d let you know (assuming you don’t already) that someone at 9gag.com either thinks your books are real or thinks submitting your work under their name is the way to go. This link goes to a repost of the image they made (scroll past the movie posters), as 9gag marks the post number (3464462) as one you have to log in to see.

Anyway, here it is. A search for “dafuq did i just read” brings up other places with the same image.

[…] simply capitalizing “Moors”? – and the idea of Snake People was stolen from the Fighting Fantasy books), and names that are either painfully generic (“Riverport,” “Alfheim,” […]

Matthew Marcus said on January 24th, 2017 at 9:56 am