K-Rox in the Sox said on February 8th, 2013 at 9:39 pm

K-Box, you came into this argument with an attack on Kai, even calling him a “worthless myopic shithead,” completely unprovoked. Some of the worst cultures in the world, from the dangerous (cults, terrorist cells, hate groups) to the benign (nerds, metalheads, hardcore kids) thrive on taking in socially malajusted, broken human beings. You’re defending a trash heap, and proving yourself worse than anything Kai said about nerds. But you think you’re excused from acting like a civilized person because you’ve got the right causes in mind when you treat people like shit. It doesn’t work that way, and maybe that’s why you’ve been bullied all your life.

K-Rox in the Sox said on February 8th, 2013 at 9:42 pm

At no point did you ever expect anyone to respond to your points, and if you did, you have no idea how a debate works. You came in attacking people personally as your opening. No one is going to respond to any points you make after that, even if you managed to make good ones.

You deserve all the bullying you will ever receive.

K-Box in the Box said on February 8th, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Oh, so I DESERVED to be bullied! By THAT logic, I could say that anyone who thinks that a CHILD deserves to be bullied is a subhuman sack of shit who deserves to DIE. By the way, aside from minor tussles with lightweights like you, my bullying ended a long time ago, but I actually have a little thing called EMPATHY for kids who are getting bullied NOW, which is why I care about both nerds AND about the women and gays and minorities whom straight white male nerds bully in turn, AS I’VE SAID THROUGHOUT THIS THREAD. And I called Kai a worthless myopic shithead because he refused to acknowledge that a subculture’s reflection of all the worst prejudices and biases of the larger culture that birthed it stems from the larger culture rather than from “nerd culture” itself being uniquely icky. And fuck you too for dismissing an entire culture based on its worst elements.

K-Box in the Box said on February 8th, 2013 at 9:55 pm

“No one is going to respond to any points you make after that, even if you managed to make good ones.”

All that proves is that they’re wrong and I’m right.

“You deserve all the bullying you will ever receive.”

Thanks for proving that you’re a hopelessly irredeemable personification of pure and absolute evil by voicing your support for bullying. If I were to respond in kind, I’d tell you that you should kill yourself, except that I’ve been suicidal and I knows what that feels like, whereas it’s pretty obvious that you neither know nor care what it feels like to be bullied.

K-Rox in the Sox said on February 8th, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Nerd culture is composed of nothing but its worst elements, people like you. Even at its best it’s embarrassing, artless, and sad. And given your attitude towards other people, I have no doubt your bullying (unlike the bullying of many others) was caused by you. You have only yourself to blame for your misery. It’s not cultural.

There’s probably a part of you that recognizes this, because even now you go out of your way to justify the instances in which you treat other people terribly. You’re not justified in calling Kai that, no matter how many social causes you attach to what you did. Explain to me how calling Kai a “worthless myopic shithead” advanced one cause, changed one mind, improved one life.

It didn’t. Nothing you do ever will, because you’re incapable of treating a person with whom you disagree with kindness, tolerance, and the “empathy” you claim to possess.

K-Rox in the Sox said on February 8th, 2013 at 10:06 pm

“‘No one is going to respond to any points you make after that, even if you managed to make good ones.’

All that proves is that they’re wrong and I’m right.”

This is a scene which has never happened, anywhere, ever.
Person 1: Hey dickless, switch to a smaller car. You’re hurting the environment, you inconsiderate piece of shit.
Person 2: You’re absolutely right! You really changed my perspective on things.

Imagine MLK doing this? “Hey you cracker-ass cracker, give us our rights!” It’s the only thing that would make me love him more.

@K-Rox

Practice what you preach.

Guys, If we aren’t even going to attempt to have a sensible and civil conversation anymore, then its time to step back from the keyboards and move on.

K-Box in the Box said on February 9th, 2013 at 1:57 am

“Imagine MLK doing this?”

Seemed to get results for Malcolm X, though. 🙂

Next up: “Oh, so you think you’re Malcolm X?”

K-Box in the Box said on February 9th, 2013 at 2:19 am

“I have no doubt your bullying (unlike the bullying of many others) was caused by you.”

I was a 12-year-old who’d never even uttered a curse word, and I thought that, if I just responded to other people’s cruelty and abuse by being even NICER and more accommodating, THEN they’d finally like me, or at least stop calling me “faggot” to my face (glad to hear that you think THAT was justified, you homophobic sack of shit). But since you’ve doubled down on your inhumanity, then I revoke my earlier hesitation: You should absolutely kill yourself, you subhuman fuckhhole.

“[Y]ou’re incapable of treating a person with whom you disagree with kindness, tolerance, and the ’empathy’ you claim to possess.”

I respond to intentional disrespect in kind. Show me the kindness, tolerance or empathy in HIS posts, or YOURS. It doesn’t EXIST, especially when you say shit like THIS:

“Nerd culture is composed of nothing but its worst elements, people like you.”

The ONLY logically or morally appropriate response to an assertion that is so OBJECTIVELY wrong is to tell you to fuck off and die, because even THAT is more respect than you deserve.

“Explain to me how calling Kai a ‘worthless myopic shithead’ advanced one cause, changed one mind, improved one life.”

Calling out that which is wrong is compulsory regardless of whether it improves anything, because to refrain from doing so is to be a coward who allows wrongness to go unchecked.

K-Rox in the Sox said on February 9th, 2013 at 3:35 am

There’s no kindness, tolerance, or empathy in my posts, you’re right. I have none for you. You’re a sad, broken person who clearly went from being a victim to being the kind of bully you despise. Which is what you are, whether you admit it or not.

But I don’t see that kind of meanness in Kai’s posts. Although plenty of people here disagree with his take on Nerd Culture, he showed them no disrespect while debating them. Nothing in his posts to that point merited the kind of treatment you showed him, treatment that was, again, unprovoked. That wasn’t “calling out that which is wrong.” You called him a worthless myopic shithead for talking about one specific culture while not discussing the context of the larger culture around it. He committed no moral wrong, he said nothing disrespectful to you, he just focused his discussion on one thing. Even had he said something morally wrong, it’s still possible to call someone out in a civilized way, to say that their belief is wrong without diminishing their worth as a person (and yes, I realize the irony in my saying that).

You have no real empathy or morality. You just pick the side that hasn’t hurt you yet, and scream at people who you perceive to be on the other side. You’re far more interested in making other people feel bad than in changing their attitudes or minds. You can tell yourself all you want that you’re on a crusade to call out the wrongs of the world, but if this is your strategy in doing that, you will never make one life better. Somehow I don’t think that bothers you.

Candlejack said on February 9th, 2013 at 12:33 pm

“You deserve all the bullying you will ever receive.”

Dude, no.

I agree, K-Box comes across here as annoying, rude, condescending, and downright hateful. Those are all good reasons to ignore him, maybe even (metaphorically) poke him with a stick a little. If he’s like that in his daily life, they’re good reasons to go out of your way to avoid him. But there’s no amount of being obnoxious that deserves bullying.

(The rest of this, I’m staying out of.)

K-Rox in the Sox said on February 9th, 2013 at 1:02 pm

That’s fair. I know I don’t have the distaste for bullying that a lot of people here do, as my experiences with it, from either side, are negligible. But as I see it, bullying happens either because a person is different enough for people with social power to feel threatened (ie, of a different sexuality/religion/ethnicity/etc.) or it’s because a person’s behavior is offensive enough that others react in kind and excessively to the point where it becomes bullying. I came from a pretty homogenous school, so I never saw the former (“You’re a white, straight, male, Methodist just like me! You FAG”). I don’t think it’s beyond the pale to say that some people bring negative attention upon themselves, and it’s hard for me to feel bad when those people suffer the social consequences of their behavior. If Daily K-Box is anything like Online K-Box, I guess I just wouldn’t feel much sympathy if someone were to (metaphorically?) shove his head in the toilet.

Annnnnd this is where I close the comments. The first time I have ever done this on this site, guys.