A post at The Court from me, about ultra-liberal Justice Abella and ultra-conservative Justice Rothstein, and why no Supreme Court justice in Canada is really “ultra” anything.
Even if you were wrong: So What?
There are nine justices on the court. I would expect there to be at least one right-wing and one left-wing “extremist”. It brings balance to the court. Even the most politically driven appointments to the court only manage to bias it on the swing vote. We’ve never had a 7-2 Liberal or Conservative court, and hopefully we never will.
One thing I’ve learned over the years is that no particular worldview is correct, I’m liberal because I believe the liberal worldview is right somewhere between 50 and 60% of the time. But that still leaves 40% where they are not necessarily correct, and dammit I want that other point of view argued — vigorously.
This was a well thought and well written post, MGK. Good for you.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
"[O]ne of the funniest bloggers on the planet... I only wish he updated more." -- Popcrunch.com
"By MightyGodKing, we mean sexiest blog in western civilization." -- Jenn
Subscribe in a reader