highlyverbal said on January 12th, 2012 at 7:46 pm

@ Sean D. Martin

That claim is not in dispute by me. Please read more carefully.

The problem with Captain Cold, for me, has always been that he moves at normal human speed so a guy who can exceed the speed of light should be able to beat him half to death with superspeed punches or nail him with a “superspeed tornado” or something before he could ever pull the trigger on his freeze ray pistol.

That, and since his costume is basically just stupid looking sunglasses and a bright blue parka, another issue is “Why don’t the cops just shoot him?” Is he wearing body armor under the coat or something?

I don’t like villains who should easily be defeated by a competent SWAT team. If your bad guy could be taken down by a sniper before the hero even shows up, he isn’t that great of a bad guy.

The cops on Flashpoint could defeat Captain Cold, for crying out loud.

Sean D. Martin said on January 13th, 2012 at 9:15 pm

@ highlyverbal

Nor by me. Please read more carefully.

highlyverbal said on January 13th, 2012 at 10:47 pm

@ Sean D. Martin

On the contrary, you are most explicitly disputing on that point. Even with my poor reading comprehension, I can clearly and easily identify which side of that issue you are taking.

Sean D. Martin said on January 16th, 2012 at 2:38 pm

highlyverbal said on January 12th, 2012 at 6:23 am

I am not sure whose side you think you are arguing on behalf of.

highlyverbal said on January 13th, 2012 at 10:47 pm

I can clearly and easily identify which side of that issue you are taking.

I defer to your superior, uh, reasoning?

highlyverbal said on January 16th, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Aside from the embarrassingly, childishly, culpably obvious fact that you said comments in between the two quotes that would naturally affect what I can identify…

… you are still missing the point that the “sides” in the first quote are not the “sides” in the second quote. You understand that more than one issue exists in the universe, right?

Sean D. Martin said on January 17th, 2012 at 3:40 pm

I understand when I’ve lost interest and that I have no problem letting you have the last word if it makes you feel superior somehow. Enjoy.
Bye.

IIRC, Cold’s cold gun was designed to retard motion (with the cold beam acting as a visual representation/side effect of its actual function.)

Man for citing Savitar you earn my respect ! The Speed force Zealot deserves more love ! Although, I think instead of Reverse Flash, Zoom would be much more compelling, his accident can be more or less tweaked and have the same effects on Hunter …
Cold can work with a proper set up , & if the battle field is rigged to defeat Flash . Besides , it’d be more of a “catch if you can” sort of flick rather than ” defeat the baddie “

philippos42 said on February 12th, 2012 at 9:22 pm

For a trilogy, make sure to leave the impression that these characters had lots of other adventures.

First movie: Barry Allen dies, OK, but a Barry Allen who’s had a long and storied career. Wally can take the mantle at the end.

Second movie: a Wally West story. Pick one, really.

Third movie: Jump into the future, I’m thinking Sela from the big Waid/Augustyn time-travel arc. Wally can be there time-traveling to tie it back to the first two.

Fourth movie, because we’re Douglas Adams: ?