Hi. If you’re reading this, then you’re probably relatively new to mightygodking.com, home of Christopher “MGK” Bird (and very occasionally other people as well). If you really desperately want to know more about who this amazing person currently typing up a third-person summary of himself is, then go here. Otherwise, continue reading.
This blog has seen some posts that were hugely popular since its inception in August 2007 (when the maintainer was kicked off his Livejournal for, ahem, “creative differences,” and laid out the cash for a proper website of his own, with email and everything). Some of the most popular things Chris wrote on his Livejournal can be found in the “MGKlassics” tab on the sidebar. Other popular things dating back to the Livejournal era include:
– A Disney advertisement – of sorts.
More recent fare that has generally been popular includes:
– The parody of Death of the New Gods #1.
– An inexplicably popular The Question fake movie poster.
– How to fix Mephisto “fixing” Spider-Man.
– The “review” of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Black Dossier.
– The complete Thursday Who’s Who.
– The parody of the first issue of the “Brand New Day” Spider-Man.
– A theory.
– Rex the Wonder Dog is the greatest comics character ever.
– Wherein I discover rampant plagiarism at Vertigo.
– Five genuinely good Keanu Reeves performances.
– We talked a lot during 10,000 BC.
– Firestorm villains: a retrospective.
– What if Frank Miller wrote Donald Duck Adventures?
– Explaining Hollywood. (A series.)
– Future HBO miniseries.
– Dr. Doom’s dialogue improvements.
– The single best panel in comics history.
– Who will be Barack Obama’s vice-presidential candidate?
– Bitching about Doctor Who theme music.
– The now-infamous D&D alignments as motivational posters featuring comic book characters post, AKA “the nerdiest post ever.” (Except for this one.)
– Best thing ever (well, that week).
– Musings on hate speech law.
– The legacy of time-travel Hitler.
– Photoshopping Final Fantasy covers.
– A discussion of how comparisons between the Iowa floods and Hurricane Katrina are bullshit.
– My bid for the most 90s comic cover ever.
– Reacting to the Watchmen trailer.
– NEW MEME.
– Confusion about a trailer for The Mummy Olympics.
– The parody of Hawkman Special #1.
– More than a few people thought this was real. (It is not real!)
– An essay about Lex Luthor.
– Forty reasons I will love comics forever. (In pictures.)
– Liveblogging of the 2008 presidential and veep debates: The first one, the second one,, the veep debate and the last one. Also, for those interested in such things, a less comedic liveblog of the 2008 Canadian federal election leader’s debate.
– A holiday gift guide for the rest of us.
– Photoshopped Star Trek novel covers.
– The least feminist comics heroine ever.
– Information technology. It’s the shit.
– Betty Cooper is crazy.
This page will be updated as I see fit.