“I should write Spider-Ham!”

“I should write Cable!”

EndOfTheWorld said on May 1st, 2009 at 7:38 am

Honestly, Wiccan*’s kinda freakin’ me out with his death stare over here. Just totally looking at me right off the page.

*Maybe Dr. Strange can magic Wiccan up a superhero name that isn’t total shit? That would be nice.

That was honestly good sh-t.

Think we can hire Deadpool to take out the current Marvel editor board?

Tornado Ninja Fan said on May 1st, 2009 at 7:41 am

Three words:
“Shit hits fan”

Lister Sage said on May 1st, 2009 at 8:29 am

Zifnab: “That was like the XFL of comic books, right?”

That’s what I’ve been told, but I have yet to read an issue of it. I do own a copy of NFL Superpro #1, but I’m reading my back stock of comics alphabetically and I just bought an Avengers trade so…

dirge93 said on May 1st, 2009 at 9:51 am

Never read Doctor Strange, but I love how these articles have made the character and potential storylines easy to follow. That should be a strong consideration for Marvel hiring MGK right there: stories that are interesting and engaging to new readers.

But what is up with that kid? Is he sucking on a sour candy or something? Or does he just hate the way Strange smells?

Zenrage said on May 1st, 2009 at 12:48 pm

I should write Fantastic Four. No, really I should.

Lister Sage said on May 1st, 2009 at 1:16 pm

Zenrage: Nothing against you, but nothing has ever made me care about the FF. As far as I’m concerned Doom would make for a better Avengers villian then he does the Four. And it’s not like you could do any worse after Millar. In fact I’d love for anyone to get me excited about them.

Mightymax38 said on May 1st, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Listen to falsechaos and geckoj. maaaake something out of all this, and then show it to marvel. it’s reaaly really awesome.

Lister, I don’t think I’m going too far here to call early FF the best of Silver Age Marvel. Admittedly, the Ditkoverses in Doctor Strange were pretty awesome. I also think the Waid/Weiringo run was better than any recent Morrison ongoing (A-SS was a maxi-series, Seven Soldiers is hard to classify, etc.). Full disclosure: the Fantastic Four are probably my favorite super-team, both for the relation to the alchemical elements and because super-battle is not their primary motivation.

And the three words are: Cthulhu Sings Karaoke!

Snap Wilson said on May 2nd, 2009 at 1:16 pm

Judging from the picture, if whatever’s coming involves Clea and what look like Scarlet Witch’s breasts, it can’t be all bad.

Realizing you’re working within the confines of an already-drawn panel, your Doc dialogue doesn’t quite sound right to my ear. The tone is almost too casual, too jovial. Just my opinion.

Because I can’t read *your* Doctor Strange run, I just bought the Essential vol. 1 instead.

I go to sleep at night (sometimes) dreaming about how I would write a Dr strange comic. I have a few nifty ideas, but your’s rock!!!

dancharvey said on June 23rd, 2009 at 8:01 pm

Any chance we could get you to toss a few extra ideas in the hopper (a la the follow up you did to the LoSH)? I’m dying to see what your take on the six-fingered hand would be like….

How is it that just anybody can create a blog and get as popular as this? Its not like youve said anything extremely impressive –more like youve painted a fairly picture above an issue that you know nothing about! I dont want to sound mean, right here. But do you actually think that you can get away with adding some pretty pictures and not actually say something?

They do it by writing things as good as what MGK has written, dude.

It’s spam, Prodigal.

Craig Oxbrow said on January 21st, 2011 at 8:15 pm

The last bit of spam being rude is rather odd. All the other spam was so nice…

Dude unlike johns you dont revel on slaughtering 90’s characters just because you dont fucking assed to read about how to write them. still you’re right when the mainstream
sucks make your own cannon (for example :morrison ‘s x-men run never happened except for the population boom ,legalization of xavier’s school,mutant culture & mutant town,u know because i admit the concepts were great but if the execution fails it goes down the toilet)
would you still use DR voodoo in your stories i still think he would be a cool partner for strange

[…] Where MGK really excels in his knowledge of the lore behind it all. Whereas Diaz took and remade characters, creating an entirely new universe for them, MGK makes his narratives fit in Marvel continuity and acknowledges the world he’s writing in even though he has no obligation to do so. When he writes about Dracula he mentions Blade, and when writing about the death of Cytorrak [picture shown above] he makes sure to hint that there’s a chance not all is well with the Juggernaut. He even justifies his entire act of writing these reasons by explaining how it all continues to work even when Doctor Strange was no longer Sorcerer Supreme. […]

Speechless. Like most people here I hate the way Doc has been treated lately by Marvel (the worst scene: not being able to stop the plane crash). But this theory of yours, these bubbles added to the comic… Wow. Just wow. It changes the story completely -for good. The dialogue between Strange and Wiccan -which was not bad at all, for starters- now it’s much richer, a whole subplot mending the holes on so many comics… Bravo for you, sir!